Monday, March 24, 2014

Make it Yourself Essential Oil Body Spray!




Essential Oil Body Spray!



One thing I love: after bath/shower body spray.

I quit buying commercial personal products some time ago and this was one I really missed, so I came up with a few ideas.

This is super easy and it takes less than five minutes to make. Just gather your ingredients and put together your favorite blend.

What you need:

  • Glass spray bottle(I use a 2 oz.)
  • Essential Oils
  • Witch Hazel or Aloe Vera Juice(not gel)
  • water or glycerin(optional)





That's absolutely all you need!



Here's where you just make it your own. You might like the citrus smell, the woodsy, musky smell, the soothing lavender smell, etc. The way I see it, whatever you like works for you. Obviously there are certain combinations that will do certain things for you, so I've  put together a few recipes with that in mind.

(Remember I used a small 2 oz bottle, I like the small size for this, you may prefer an 8 oz)


UPDATE: Spark Naturals now carries unscented Witch Hazel. It's a natural choice to use when making these sprays.


Witch Hazel














Another option is to just use Aloe Vera Juice(this is not gel).

It has virtually no scent.

You can find it at WalMart in the Pharmacy section.





How to: Simply use your favorite combination of Essential Oils and top off the bottle with the liquid of your choice, either Witch Hazel or Aloe Vera Juice. You can also dilute with water if desired and add a little glycerin for added hydration if needed.



~Recipes~

Recipe #1 My Smell Good Body Spray 


5 drops Lavender
3 drops Bergamot
3 drops Geranium
Rose Scented Witch Hazel or Aloe Vera Juice


Recipe #2 Invigorating Body Spray


5 drops Wild Orange
3 drops Peppermint
3 drops Rosemary
Witch Hazel or Aloe Vera Juice


Recipe #3 Woodsy Escape Body Spray


5 drops White Fir
3 drops Cypress
3 drops Frankincense
Witch Hazel or Aloe Vera Juice

Recipe #4 Calming Body Spray


5 drops Lavender
5 drops Zen or Bliss
1 drop Patchouli 
Witch Hazel or Aloe Vera Juice

Recipe #5 Summertime Citrus Body Spray


5 drops Lemon
3 drops Wild Orange
3 drops Bergamot
Witch Hazel  or Aloe Vera Juice

Recipe #6 Soothing Muscle Spray


5 drops Marjoram
3 drops Peppermint
3 drops Cypress
Witch Hazel or Aloe Vera Juice

I like to use straight Witch Hazel, you could also use water, with some glycerin and witch hazel. You can also make these as strong as you like, the amounts are really just a suggestion. It's a matter of personal likes and dislikes.


Oh....I'd love to hear some of your suggestions for recipes!

Blessings from Patti's Place to your place!








16 comments:

  1. Thanks Patti, these will make great gifts for my daughters who just love body spray! What an added benefit of the oils.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look awesome! Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would your recommend NOT spraying these on clothing since it contains oils? Just curious. I actually spray body spray on my clothes like perfume. It's not as "heavy" smelling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since these oils are not really "oils" there shouldn't be a problem. I spray the on my clothes.

      Delete
  4. Patti, I like the recipes. I wanted to Like you on FB and follow your Pinterest but the links on the right side of your page appear to not be working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry, I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong. Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
    2. They should work now. I have no idea why the address changed on those two buttons. If it's still a problem, please let me know.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Great! They're so easy to make. I use mine daily!

      Delete
  6. Great post, Patti! I am going to make some of these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Thanks so much. Pinned so I can try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pinning! It's super easy to make, you'll like it.

      Delete
  8. I enjoy following you. Thank you for being so specific on ingredients such as the Aloe Vera Juice. Very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for following me! It means a lot and thank you for your kind words too.

    ReplyDelete