“There's rosemary, that's for remembrance. Pray you, love, remember.”
William Shakespeare, Hamlet
how do I love thee?
In the words of Elizabeth Barrett Browning....
Let me count the ways....
- I love a drop in my shampoo(homemade recipe) You can also just add a drop to your bought shampoo.
- I love it in my after shampoo rinse. (Camp Wander's recipe for Lavender Rosemary Rinse)
- I love it in my nasal rinse recipe.(recipe here)
- I love it in a Lavender & Rosemary Calming Spray.(20 drops each EO in 2 oz spritz bottle topped with water)
- I love it in my Invigorating Body Spray.(recipe here)
- I love it in my Saline Nasal Spray.(recipe here)
- I love it in my thicker hair blend.(Camp Wander's Recipe)I forgot this one....this is an update!
There's more, those are just the ways I love it best!
Historical Uses: Rosemary has been used to clear the mind and nervous system & stimulate memories; the diuretic properties have been useful in reducing water retention during menstruation, obesity and cellulite..
Use compresses and baths when trying to sooth stiff joints, arthritis, or rheumatism. Use diffusion or other methods of inhalation when treating colds, flu, and as a mind stimulant. Rosemary is certified as GRAS by the FDA and can be taken internally. Rosemary has had positive effects being applied neat or with a carrier to the scalp, face, or neck for skin or hair/scalp disorders.
More uses for Rosemary Essential Oil:
Add a few drops to mouthwash to help with halitosis.
‘As Rosemary is to the Spirit, so Lavender is to the Soul.‘