Tuesday, October 20, 2015

I Will Miss You, But it's Time For Change

I Will Miss You,  But it’s Time For Change

We’ve all heard it said that there is an end to all things and I suppose this is a correct statement.  Sooner or later all things do end; some sooner than we expect.

I’ve been going over and over the planning of this blog article, trying to figure out just how to begin and what to say. I suppose the best way is to just jump into the deep end, so here goes.

I am pretty much calling it quits with Patti’s Place, this blog and the Facebook blog, especially the Facebook end. I may occasionally return here to write a spiritual or personal article, I’m not really sure at this point. I won’t delete them and I’ll leave them both up since there is a lot of what I hope and believe is useful information and encouragement.


This decision comes after much prayerful consideration; it’s not a hasty decision by any means.  Let me say right here that I have really enjoyed the endeavor and I have made some friends that I will always consider my friends even though we may never meet on this earth.

My reasons? I have spent countless hours, days, weeks, months and yes; even a few years working on Patti’s Place. I have learned much, shared much and tried very hard to reach people with good. I would like to think that in some way, I have succeeded in that.  

However, I know in my heart that it’s not my real purpose in life and I have finally had to admit that working on the blog, spending all those countless hours scouring the net and sharing, has seriously taken me away from what I know is my purpose in life. Sort of a detour, if you please.

In other words, my focus shifted a few years ago, away from the more important things that I believe I was born to do. Not that what I’ve been doing hasn’t been important, but simply put….it’s not my calling.

I know what my calling is and it requires much dedication, consecration and time given to prayer and growing in my walk with GOD.

Whether you believe it is Biblically correct or not(and I’m sure some don’t), I am an ordained minister and yes….I am a woman. I am not a pastor, I’m not even much of a pulpit preacher, mostly I teach. This is my real purpose in life, what I was born to do and I have neglected it a bit over the last few years. Not completely of course, but I haven’t given the spiritual side of my life the time that I know is required for me to be the best that I can be for GOD and HIS plan for my life.

The world as we know it is rapidly going downhill, we don’t know what the future holds, but it looks dim in the natural. I have taught preparation for a long time and now it’s time for me to get down to some serious preparation myself and building up the Spiritual house instead of the natural.

Simply put….it’s time to get more serious than ever before about my relationship with GOD and the future of my purpose.

I can do longer give the time to Facebook and this blog that is needed for prayer, studying and reading the WORD.

Does this mean I’ll never be on Facebook?  No, it doesn’t. I still have several pages I am responsible for, but they don’t require anywhere near the time that these pages do.  I won’t be on Patti’s Place Facebook anymore after this week, but like I stated earlier, I may occasionally write a blog article here.

In other words, my priorities and focus have shifted and that’s a good thing for me.

I’m not worried about any of you not finding what you need on Facebook and elsewhere on the net; there are a multitude of sites that are much better than mine. I appreciate the loyalty and friendship that I have received from so many of you.

I will miss you, but it’s time.

Blessings from my place to yours!




17 comments:

  1. Patti, I admire you following the leading of the Lord. I'm sure it wasn't an easy choice. I wish you all the best as you do what you are called to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Juanita, for your kind words!

      Delete
  2. God bless you on your new adventure with the Lord...My prayers go with you!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebecca! Prayers are always needed and much appreciated! GOD bless you!

      Delete
  3. I'll miss you but I understand there are more important things to take care of in this life. Blessings to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry. I have been blessed with the friendship of many through these pages and you are one! GOD bless you, my friend!

      Delete
  4. Reminds me of the book...Change is good, you go first. You have to follow your heart and listen to your inner voice. I've enjoyed your fb page, I will miss you, but mostly I admire you, for following your calling. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of that book, interesting title. It's hard sometimes, to do the things we know we should, but such a great feeling when we do take the necessary steps.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for all the helpful information you have given us....really going to miss you on Facebook....God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marsha. I will miss all of you so much!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for all the helpful information you have given us....really going to miss you on Facebook....God Bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blessings to you! I must admit that I need to devote more time to His Word and prayer as well.Thanks for all you've taught me and I wish you well! And you always know how to reach me when you need more Maple sugar! :) ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kelley! I'm not about to lose contact with you, sister. Got to have that maple sugar!

      Delete
  8. God bless you, Patti, and keep you. I know that the people you reach through your study and teaching will be better equipped for the experience. I will miss you and hope that you'll stop by and say hello once in a while. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found you! I actually found you about 3 weeks ago, a search engine popped up a page from 2013 July (that I bookmarked) and today I used it again. I was curious to see what you were saying in 2015 and I found this page. Thank you for leaving this on the internet for us to reference, I would like to read through more of your blogs. I share many of the beliefs you have shared about yourself, and I'm thankful for the community of followers you've gathered; many potential connections. Best to you, and Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just found you! I actually found you about 3 weeks ago, a search engine popped up a page from 2013 July (that I bookmarked) and today I used it again. I was curious to see what you were saying in 2015 and I found this page. Thank you for leaving this on the internet for us to reference, I would like to read through more of your blogs. I share many of the beliefs you have shared about yourself, and I'm thankful for the community of followers you've gathered; many potential connections. Best to you, and Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE ADVICE YOU PUT INTO THE WORLD! I KNOW YOU WILL CONTINUE TO BE A HELPFUL PERSON WITH OR WITHOUT THIS BLOG :0)

    ReplyDelete