Friday, July 24, 2015

Deborah's Door/Women in Ministry

Deborah's Door


You probably already know this, but I am a woman.

I've reminded GOD of that fact often and HE always assures me that HE already knew that.

I often think of a woman's ministry as a sort of Deborah's Door. Let me explain what I mean.

It's not always easy for women in ministry. I am very blessed to have a pastor who encourages women to be used of GOD in whatever ministry HE calls them to.

There will always be those who think a woman is not allowed to have a voice for GOD or if she does, it is very limited and governed by strict rules. Whenever I encounter this attitude, I'm always reminded of Deborah in the book of Judges.





Judges 4:4  And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time. 

Israel had no king at this time, the highest ranking official was the Judge over Israel. How awesome that GOD chose a woman to be one of these judges....but HE did. It's written there very plainly.

During this time, Israel was oppressed for twenty years by Jabin, king of Canaan and the captain of his host, Sisera. This oppression came as a direct result of their turning away from serving GOD in the way they knew they should. The children of Israel cried out unto the LORD, and as always, HE heard their cries and made provision for their deliverance.

Judges 4:6-7  And she(Deborah) sent and called Barak the son of Abinoam out of Kedeshnaphtali, and said unto him, Hath not the LORD GOD of Israel commanded, saying, Go and draw toward mount Tabor, and take with thee ten thousand men of the children of Naphtali and of the children of Zebulun? And I will draw unto thee to the river Kishon Sisera, the captain of Jabin's army, with his chariots and his multitude; and I will deliver him into thine hand. 

Please pay close attention to what Barak said to Deborah in verse 8....I just love this.....

And Barak said unto her, If thou wilt go with me, then I will go: but if thou wilt not go with me, then I will not go. 

He had complete confidence in Deborah, in her walk and communication with the GOD of Israel and her ability to lead the people. Obviously GOD did too, or HE would never have set her in that position. Barak had so much confidence in her that he stated he would not go unless she went with him. 

This blog is not to be a place to argue whether a woman should or should not be in ministry. I just wanted my first article to explain why I named it Deborah's Door.

By the way....Sisera was delivered into the hands of the people of GOD, and once again GOD chose to use a woman, her name was Jael. She brought Sisera into her tent, offered him nourishment and while he slept, she took a hammer and a tent nail and drove the nail into his temple fastening him to the floor.

Tough little woman! While we don't literally drive a nail through our oppressor's head and fasten him to the floor, we as women of GOD can disarm and nullify the enemy with our anointing, prayer, consecration and unfaltering faith in our call of GOD. This dedication to the ways of GOD can kill an oppressor just as surely as Jael killed Sisera with the hammer and nail.

GOD will use whomever HE pleases and I want to encourage you to not limit yourself. If GOD be GOD, then we must let HIM be GOD! We after all, are just vessels to be used whenever and however HE desires.

Don't be fearful of walking through a door like Deborah's to be the vessel HE has birthed and ordained you to be.

Let me state that I always work under the headship of my husband and my pastor. I am always under subjection to both of them and they are my protectors as GOD ordained.

While you may not agree with me, I hope you will respect me enough to not make disparaging comments. The purpose of this blog is not to argue, it is to encourage.

Take a walk through Deborah's Door with me!

Galatians 3:28  There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in CHRIST JESUS. 


May you be richly blessed and kept by GOD ALMIGHTY!

Blessings from Patti's Place to your place!



5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you for taking time to comment, Joy! That touches my heart!

      Delete
  2. Patti, Thank you for your posts. I've just found your blog and I appreciate your prayerful wisdom in sharing the Word. What a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking the time to let me know this, Heidi. It means a lot. I'm not able to blog much these days, lots of stuff with my elderly mother taking up much time, but hopefully I'll be back doing more soon!

      Delete