Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Dump Chicken Taco Soup

This is my favorite quick meal. 

Favorite because it's quick, easy, filling and so good, especially on a cold winter day.

I keep the ingredients on hand. It’s a very good soup to take to a neighbor who is sick or having some unexpected trouble. 

It takes about five minutes to throw together and about 30 to simmer and let the flavors blend. 


It’s just a good thing!



Dump Chicken Taco Soup 


1 (15 oz) can chicken meat in water, drained, I use the white chicken meat, you can use the mixed if you like. You can also use some leftover chicken from a previous meal if you have it. If you like a lot of meat, add another can, personally I like just the one can per recipe.

2-3 cans chicken with white and wild rice soup(I use Campbell’s, there are some others you might like to use) I have used the red beans and rice soup that Campbell’s makes. 

1 (15 oz) can whole kernel corn(I use frozen whole kernel corn) 

1 (15 oz) can Ranch Style Beans(chili beans)

1 (10 oz) can Rotel(diced tomatoes w/green chilies) 

1 (15 oz) can chicken broth( I use about 1 tbs chicken base and just fill up my soup cans to rinse out all the rice, this makes 20 oz of broth. 





Serve with cheese and tortilla chips or crackers. 

You just literally dump it all in a pan together, add any seasonings you might like, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and let it simmer about 30 minutes or so.

If I fix some for someone else, I always make a double batch so we'll get to have some too!



No comments:

Post a Comment